By making a booking to hire a property at Graythwaite Estate, you are entering into a legal agreement with us. Please read carefully the terms and conditions of booking below.
The price of the accommodation includes:
- central heating
- logs from the estate
- hot water
- cots and high chairs
- bed linen, one hand towel and one bath towel per guest.
We welcome children of all ages.
Most of our properties accept two well-behaved dogs.
Your dog must not be left unattended in the property. If your dog is found to be left alone in the property you will incur a £50.00 fine.
Your dog must be kept out of bedrooms and off furniture. We may seek compensation for damages or breakages caused by your dog.
A few of our properties do not accept dogs. This is clearly indicated during the booking process.
Cancellation and insurance
By making your booking, you are entering into a legal contract with Graythwaite Holidays.
Your 25% deposit is not refundable under any circumstances. We recommend that you take out cancellation insurance to cover this cost.
The balance of your booking must be paid 8 weeks before your arrival date.
If you have to cancel less than 8 weeks before your arrival date:
- you will be liable to pay for the booking in full if the booking cannot be re-let
- you will not be liable for the balance if we succeed in re-letting the booking. We will refund it to you if you have already paid it.
Non-availability of accommodation
We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation were unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would, however, attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this were not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. We cannot refund money if you are unable make the journey due to adverse weather conditions.
Your accommodation will be available to you from 3pm – 5pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. We may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive earlier than the agreed time.
If you would like to arrive early, please call Graythwaite Holidays, and we will get you into the accommodation earlier than the time stated if we possible.
Please ensure that you contact us no later than the day before your arrival to let us know if you will be arriving late. Failure to notify us may result in the property being re-let.
Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 10am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged.
All rubbish must be disposed of in outdoor bins prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in a additional cleaning charges.
All kitchenware must be returned to its cupboard or drawer, cleaned, prior to departure. Failure to do so will result in a additional cleaning charges.
Damages and breakages
Please take care when staying in our property.
You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages you cause to the accommodation or its contents.
All we ask is that you report any incidents as they occur.
We do not normally charge for minor breakages. We may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge if you did not report this to us.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Thank you for choosing to book with Graythwaite Holidays. We look forward to welcoming you.
Graythwaite Holidays, Graythwaite, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 8BQ
In these terms and conditions, the venue and the Trustees of the Graythwaite Estate, who own Silverholme, are referred to as Silverholme and the expressions “you” and “your” refer to you the person or party who has made the booking. The expression “booking” refers to the period in respect of which a booking of Silverholme has been made.
CHARGES & PAYMENT
- All bookings made are subject to the terms and conditions set out below and any specific terms provided in the booking form or associated correspondence from Silverholme. In order to confirm your booking, Silverholme requires you to pay a deposit equivalent to 30% of the total cost of the booking andto read the terms and conditions. Unless stated otherwise, Graythwaite Estate will assume that you accept the terms and conditions outlined below.
- A provisional booking will be held for 14 days. During that time, should Silverholme be approached by another party seeking to book the same date you will be given 72 hours to confirm your booking, after which time we reserve the right to release the date to the other party.
- Once you have paid the deposit, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. If Silverholme decides to cancel the booking, your deposit will be returned.
- Final payment for the booking must be made not less than 12 weeks before the date of arrival at Silverholme for the booking. If full payment is not received by this date, Silverholme reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- An additional deposit of £1,500 to cover damage to Silverholme and its grounds and violation of noise control must be paid not less than 12 weeks before the date of arrival at Silverholme for the booking. This additional deposit is fully refundable 7 days after the event provided there has been no breach of this clause. If there has been any breach of this clause as a result of damage to Silverholme and its grounds, then Silverholme shall be entitled to deduct from the additional deposit, funds to cover the replacement of lost or damaged items at Silverholme and/or the cost of making good and damage caused. If the breach relates to noise violation then the additional deposit is forfeited in full. 6. In the event of any payments (or part thereof) becoming overdue, Silverholme reserves the right to charge interest on the outstanding balance at 2% above the current payable base rate of the Bank of England.
AMENDMENTS BY THE CLIENT
- Amendments to guest numbers and/or arrangements must be confirmed to Silverholme in writing or by email. Please note that there is a maximum of 18 guests allowed to stay at Silverholme and, subject to clause 7.1 below, up to 2 dogs are allowed. Camping in the grounds is not permitted.
7.1 You confirm that you acknowledge for any dogs who accompany you or your guests on your booking:
- a) Dogs must not be left alone in the property or grounds at any time
- b) Dogs must only sleep in the boot/utility room
- c) Dogs must not enter any carpeted rooms
- d) Any dog hair, fouling or other mess caused by the presence of the dog must be cleared up immediately
- Should you make significant changes to the booking or to the expected number of guests, Silverholme reserves the right to amend the applicable rates charged and/or the facilities provided accordingly to take account of these amendments.
CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
- Any cancellation or postponement should be advised to Silverholme in the first instance verbally. Cancellation or postponement must be put in writing within 14 days of your verbal communication with us. The date of cancellation is the date Silverholme receive your written notification of cancellation or postponement.
10.1 Subject to clause 10.3, If you cancel or postpone your booking within 6 weeks of the date you make this booking, then you will be charged an administration fee of 10% of the total cost of the booking.
10.2 Subject to clause 12 below, if you cancel or postpone your booking more than 6 weeks after the date you make this booking but before payment in full for the booking is due, then you will be charged the standard cancellation fee which is 80% of the total cost of the booking, which is our loss of profit. The deposit and any other payments made shall be put towards the cancellation charges due.
10.3 If the cancellation is made after full pre-payment is received, Silverholme will not provide any services. All payments will be retained in full.
- Should Silverholme have engaged any sub-contractors and/or external entertainment on your behalf, their respective cancellation charges shall apply.
- In the event of cancellation by you more than 6 weeks after booking, Silverholme will make every reasonable effort to resell the facilities and mitigate its loss. If Silverholme is able to resell the booking, the cancellation charges shall be reduced as appropriate, at Silverholme’s discretion, to reflect the profit Silverholme receives from the alternative booking.
AMENDMENTS OR CANCELLATION BY SILVERHOLME
- Silverholme may cancel the booking;
- a) if the booking might, in the opinion of Silverholme’s management, prejudice the reputation of Silverholme
- b) if you are more than 30 days in arrears of payments to Silverholme
- c) if we become aware of any alteration in your financial situation prior to full payment being made
- d) for any other reason at the absolute discretion of Silverholme management upon giving you 14 days’ notice
- Should Silverholme cancel the booking in accordance with clause 13 above, any pre-payments and deposits made shall be returned to you less any administrative costs incurred by Silverholme up to the date of cancellation.
- Silverholme reserves the right to approve, in writing or by email, any externally arranged entertainment, services or activities that you have arranged and cannot accept liability for any resultant cost.
- You are responsible for any damage, breakage or loss caused to Silverholme or to any property that you have hired for the event by you or your guests, however caused, and you shall be charged at full replacement value. Such expense shall be deducted from the additional deposit referred to in clause 5 above and any shortfall is due on demand.
- Silverholme, although being in a rural location, does have neighbours and wishes to respect their privacy and peace and quiet though appreciates your wish for yourself and your guests to enjoy themselves. Excessive noise after midnight has been a source of nuisance and complaints. You are responsible for any violation of local noise control restrictions and, as such, you agree that any live music is not in use after 10.30pm and any public address system is not in use after 11.55pm If any music or public address system is audible outside the property at Silverholme after these times during the booking then the additional deposit is forfeit in full.
- You and your guests are and remain at all times responsible for their own property including property that you have hired in for use during your planned event. Silverholme does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage caused to property belonging to you, our nominated suppliers or your guests however such loss and damage arises.
- Silverholme shall make reasonable efforts to perform it’s contractual obligations but shall not be liable for any delay or other failure to perform any part of those obligations as a result of factors beyond Silverholme’s control.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any band or musician employed by you complies with statutory requirements and the requirements of the management and these terms and conditions. Silverholme requires a copy of the band or musician’s Public Liability Insurance in a minimum sum of £2,500,000 and PAT test documentation for equipment to be used at Silverholme prior to the date of arrival at Silverholme for the booking Failure to do so will result in your entertainment not being able to perform on site.
- You are required to use suppliers of services during the period of your booking of Silverholme from our approved list. If there is a particular supplier of services which is not on our preferred list we will consider.
- Silverholme reserves the right to have at least one member of staff on site for the duration of your event.
- You are required to vacate Silverholme on the final day of your booking no later than 10.00am to allow sufficient time for the preparation of Silverholme for new guests.
- Prices quoted include VAT at the rate prevailing when the contract was prepared and are subject to alterations should the rate change.